Forni di Sopra / Villages and fountains

Forni di Sopra is the only historical centre that has survived in the valley that was known as Forni Savorgnani from the 14th to the 18th century because it belonged to the Savorgnan family of Udine. The remains of some medieval buildings are the oldest architectural evidence, such as the castle of Sacuidic and the fortifications that are found near Andrazza and Cella. In the latter locality there is also the so-called house of the Mùnich (of the sacristan), which has the date 1497 carved on the architrave. Some homes from the 16th century have survived in the locality of Vico as well. Despite the destruction of the past many examples of typical Carnic houses remain, in stone, with the characteristic long wooden balconies and external wooden staircases, in particular the casa Giordan in Vico. In the centre of Forni di Sopra – in the town hall piazza – is a splendid 19th century stone fountain; and in the villages of Vico, Tredolo and Baselia as well one can admire other rare fountains from the 19th century.

Activities and Tourism

Landscapes, history, traditions, delicacies and recreational activities for everyone

Family

Family

Sport and Nature

Sport and Nature

Food and Taste

Food and Taste

Culture and Traditions

Culture and Traditions