The hills of Carnia / The park

A fusion of nature and history

The park, which extends over an area encompassing the villages of Villa Santina, Enemonzo, Raveo and Lauco, is a fusion of nature and history, and offers much of environmental, cultural and sporting interest. The pine forest of Villa Santina, cited by the geologist Gortani in 1914 for its outstanding beauty, offers a rich itinerary of walks of both botanic and natural interest, a riding school, and a recreational fishing lake. Located on the right bank of the Tagliamento River is the only remaining Lictorian rampart blockhouse, now fully restored and open to the public. In Enemonzo, on the left bank, there is an airfield and sailing facilities. The park, accessible and practicable in all seasons, features verdant meadows and ancient woodland, with lush vegetation throughout. In the villages one can sample local products, now famed throughout the region. Full details and information available from the Villa Santina Tourist Office.

Read more

Activities and Tourism

Landscapes, history, traditions, delicacies and recreational activities for everyone

Family

Family

Sport and Nature

Sport and Nature

Food and Taste

Food and Taste

Culture and Traditions

Culture and Traditions